Restaurants face a higher rate of employment-related risks than other businesses. Employees or customers can sue for discrimination or harassment. You can face complex issues such as employee misclassification or improper tip-pooling that could lead to an expensive lawsuit. And without the right insurance coverage, your restaurant could face skyrocketing defense penalty and settlement costs.
What Monitor Offers
Employment Practices Liability Insurance for Restaurants
Our insurance covers the many types of employment-related exposures you can face and is designed with the unique and complex risks of the restaurant industry in mind.
- Restaurants with five or more employees
- Full-service restaurants
- Fast food restaurants
- Food service contractors and vendors
Optional Coverage Available By Endorsement
- $100,000 costs of defense for claims alleging violation(s) of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- $100,000 sublimit for franchisor if named in a claim along with the named insured (franchisee)
- Modified settlement clause (80%/20% coinsurance) and a 10% reduction in the deductible upon consent to settle
- And much more.
With more than 15 years writing Employment Practices Liability Insurance for restaurants, Monitor has the experience and expertise you need to protect your business. Contact your agent or broker today. Don't have an agent? Contact Us
Looking for EPL marketing materials? See Resources