Monitor provides comprehensive Directors and Officers Liability (D&O) insurance that meets the unique needs of privately held companies and their directors and officers. It is available on a stand alone basis or together with other Monitor coverages as part of the ExecSuite® Executive Liability insurance policy. Our D&O policy is designed to protect not only the personal assets of directors and officers in the event of a claim or lawsuit, it also extends to the entity itself.
- Privately held companies with total assets up to $250 million
We aim to grow our market footprint by taking a broader set of risks in our established industry verticals.
Contact your underwriter to learn more about our expanded D&O risk appetite.
Have a submission? Send it to us!
- Limits of liability up to $5 million
- Primary and excess coverage available
- Claims-made and duty to defend policy
- Additional $1 million Side A limit
- Insuring Agreement D: Sublimit for security holder derivative demand investigations
- Modification to securities exclusion to clarify intent for crowdfunding
- Automatic coverage for private placements
- Coverage extends to the entity, its subsidiaries, and directors and officers
- Pre-IPO “Road Show” coverage
- Severability of all exclusions
- Side A pollution coverage
- Insured vs. insured carve-back for:
- Bankruptcy trustees
- Whistleblower claims
- Former insured persons
- Insured persons include members of the board of managers and management committee of a limited liability company
- Non-rescindable options available
- Optional sublimits for:
- Recovery audit contractor claims
- HIPAA penalties
- Service of a subpoena against an insured person
- Optional waiver of deductible
- Optional co-defendant liability coverage
- Optional costs of defense in addition to the limit of liability
- Optional for-profit outside directorship liability coverage
- Automatic 60-day Extended Reporting Period
- Automatic coverage for subsidiaries up to 35% of assets and/or employees, created or acquired during the policy period and new U.S. locations
- 90 days to report a claim after the policy period
- Pre-determined allocation of costs of defense at 100%
- Modified settlement clause
- Damages include punitive or exemplary damages up to the limit of liability, where insurable
- Duty to defend policy language
- Full prior acts coverage
- Worldwide coverage
- Broadened definition of claim to include tolling
- Easy to read policy form
This coverage overview is not part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
Need D&O marketing materials? See Resources.
A+ Rated Carriers
Admiral Insurance Company
Berkley Insurance Company
Learn more about Monitor's A+ rated carriers.